Philosopher/Philanthropist/ Lover/Poet/Song Writer/Mentor

Blog Archive

Sunday 24 April 2011

The Highs and Lows.

The Highs and Lows of my Week

The Highs

Having the £5.95 Munchy Box for breakfast.

The Cafe India on Great Western Road's incredible Munchy Box.

It included:
  • Doner Meat, 
  • Chips,
  • Chicken, Vegetable and Mushroom Pakora, 
  • Spicy Fritters,
  • Salad,
  • Soft drink of my choice
It was actually so good, and reflecting on it is making me hungry again.


But why the stigma? Why does society hate Doner meat so much? Do they not believe in magic?

Even the man who sold it to me shook his head slowly in disappointment.

"Why?!" he bellowed, teary eyed, as he kneaded the meat with his bear hands.
"You are from a good family, why bring this shame upon their name?".

I embraced him.

"Fear not my brother, for this meat is misunderstood. Follow me into the light and and you shall live forever in the valley of peace", I replied.

I instructed him to slice thirteen ribbons of doner meat, and to keep a slither for himself and the other 12 disciples.

"The doner is my body, and the sauce my blood. Eat and drink, and I shall be with you forever."


"I will be crucified on a rotating kebab skewer. But don't worry, I'll roll back a rock and in the future they'll eat chocolate eggs in my memory".

I reckon they should rebrand doner meat. If they don't, I'm going to:
  • Put the price up to a tenner
  • Wrap it in goldleaf
  • Sponsor Mercedes
Fast Facts: 
  • A research study found it to be the best possible thing you can eat to restore your liver after drinking alcohol, which perhaps explains why you only really crave it after a drink.

BBC Radio 2

Never thought much of radio really, till I realised this week that I LOVE Radio 2.

The music selection is varied, and not once has a song been played that I didn't like.

The news coverage and the topics for the phone ins are great too. Always coincidentally about things of particular interest to me. For example, they had a debate about blogging, and whether or not it is good for you. The conclusion was negative.

It's changed me too. My favourite song at the moment is by Tim McGraw:

Click to open in YouTube

And I shazamed a song, which turned out to be Get in Line, by Ron Sexsmith:

Click to open in YouTube

I think I might get a mortgage, kids and buy a Ford Mondeo now. Does that mean giving up doner meat?

The Lows

Uploading Cats :(

Inspired by Twin Peaks I recorded myself speaking to a cat.

Only when I woke up a few hours later did I realise I UPLOADED THE VIDEOS.

Got 53 views. WOOPS.

Maybe the controversy will have long term gains.

Got Framed

At work, went to go for a pee.

A shadowy figure leaps out the toilet and exits the building (Probably a delivery man)

I naively enter the place.

SHOCK AND HORROR.

He didn't flush.

I then flee out of horror.

The women in the next office then runs in to communicate that she rly needs a pee!

There's brief silence followed by a few flushes.

WHAT MUST SHE THINK?!!

The next day I was locking up and to make sure I didn't lock anyone in, from the hallway I said:

"Hello?"

Hadn't spoken to anyone all day so voice was croaky.

"What?" she replied from the next room

"I just didn't want to lock you in" I croaked.

SILENCE.

My highs and lows.

Toppsy

X