Philosopher/Philanthropist/ Lover/Poet/Song Writer/Mentor

Blog Archive

Monday 2 May 2011

toppoblog: Gone Global

On topp'o the World.

At the weekend that's just passed I received a great deal of feedback from my fellow Glaswegians with regards to toppoblog. The reviews were mixed, but overall positive. One fellow said he loved it, one girl said: "I liked your thing about...unicycles was it?", so she was perhaps just being polite (which is fine by me), and a local poet criticized my choice of template.

I thought the template comment was strange too but on reflection I realise this was just some sound constructive criticism. At the time, however, I was defensive, offended and took it as personal assault on my family crest. I had rolled up my sleeves and adopted the traditional Victorian boxing stance and was challenging the man to some fisty cuffs.
Then I realised it was out of love, not disrespect, and forgave him.

What topped off my night was the taxi driver informing me that he is a massive fan of the blog and that I'm a "real man of the people".

So overall, I felt touched that people had cared to comment. Not emotionally, but physically; as if someone were touching me. The pleasure was intense and I just want to feel chronically touched. 

Oh and just to let you know, the interview with Rachelle Kruger was real.

But yeah, the purpose of this post is because I glanced at my stats and realised that so far this week I've had a visit from Bahrain.


In that country right now people are being shot in the street for protesting. I'm starting to feel like I have some sort of involvement with the Arab world's uprising. Funny though,  I'm trying to picture it in my mind, the idea of someone in that civil-war torn part of the world taking some time out to read toppoblog.

I mean, is it a member of the Al Khalifa family? Have they googled: "what would Neil Tennant do?"? Is it a rebel leader? Has someone been at gun point and made one final request: "No, no cigarette for me, get me toppoblog on that dial-up connection...NOW!"...?

There's not really many more possible logical explanations that I can think of, so it must be one of the above.
The fate of the computer after displaying my controversial blog

Although, a wild-card possibility is that a family traded all their belongings and gave their eldest son, Khalid, money to flee via plane to Qatar. Khalid, being a rebellious teen who appreciated the majesty of British Victorian craftsmanship, was searching for information on Penny Farthings. After reading my inspirational review, he chose to spend his family's savings on a PF, and is going to cycle out of Bahrain instead.


Anyway...enough drivel.

Upcoming events to feel aroused about:

Launching a website soon, will be super fancy.

(Merchandise will be for sale, such as mugs, t-shirts and bum-bags that say "WWNTD?" - "What Would Neil Tennant Do?", for example).

There will of course be signed naked photographs of myself.

Toppsy

X